1. Working Thesis or Research Question:
As graduate students who work with online student communities, how can the play explored in this class be translated to the inter/cultural elearinig environment?
2. How does your work relate to/influence "composing practices" AND graduate pedagogy?
This work takes what we've done in this class and acts to translate it into pedagogical materials that can be used in an online composition classroom.
3. Stories/Examples/Technologies you will focus on in your contribution
Research to base on: online immersion training of teachers as students to "see" play in action - create room for "chatter" (acts as a form of play)
Focusing on the student-centered classroom (Knowlton, A Theoretical Framework for the Online Classroom: A Defense and Delineation of a Student-Centered Pedagogy)
Teacher and community/learning environment
Problems and pitfalls of play online (engagement vs risk)
4. Particular technologies, images, or media you would like to embed in your section
Lesson plans with possible screen shots (pending copyright of online medium)
5. Suggestions for layout?
Sarah Baeth and Laura like Sarah Beth's idea.
6. Timeline for completion by 4/18 (due date for this project).Delegation of Tasks, and Means of Collaboration. What will be done by 3/28 (in two weeks, after CCCC)?
Spring Break: research prior findings in play and online environments; cultural implications of both play and online education.
Week 10: draft of text
Week 11: draft of text + screen shots